Whole Foods has a Vegan chocolate Chip Cookie that I think may be my favorite store bought cookie ever. In the search for the recipe, I found this one. Although it’s not Vegan, and not the recipe I was looking for, it’s very delicious and just may be my new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Whole Foods Market Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter (2 1/2 sticks), room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (yes, you should add all 16 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using electric beaters, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time
- Add the vanilla extract
- Add the salt and baking soda
- Then add the flour 1 cup at a time.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets, allowing 2 to 3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake 9-10 minutes, until golden brown
- Cool slightly on pan and then transfer to wire racks to cool.
Per cookie (supposedly): 126 calories (percent of calories from fat, 43), 1 gram protein, 17 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 6 grams fat (4 grams saturated), 20 milligrams cholesterol, 87 milligrams sodium