- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (preferably organic)
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 pint ripe strawberries , hulled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
To make panna cotta: In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until hot. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water; let stand 3 minutes or until soft. Add gelatin to hot cream and stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove pan from heat; stir in buttermilk until well blended. Pour mixture into each of 6 dessert cups or bowls. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
To make balsamic strawberries: Combine strawberries, brown sugar and vinegar in a bowl; toss to coat berries. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or overnight. To serve, spoon strawberries and juices over panna cotta.
*** This is amazing. It’s nice and cool & perfect for a summer dessert**