- 1 Lemon
- 1 Orange
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 750 milliliter Bottle of Dry Red Wine, Chilled
- 1 to 2 Cups Carbonated Water, Chilled
- 2 TBSP Brandy
- Ice Cubes
- Cut Lemon and Orange into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the 4 end slices from the lemon and orange into a saucepan; set aside the remaining slices
- For the syrup, add the sugar and the ½ cup of water to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat; cool for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the cooked fruit into the syrup. Discard the cooked fruit.
- In a pitcher, combine the remaining fruit slices, syrup, wine, carbonated water and brandy.
- Serve over ice.
- Makes about 10 servings (about 4oz)