- 2 ripe persimmons, pureed (approximately one cup)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease or line one baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar.
- Beat in the egg and persimmons
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined, stir in the
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared
- Try to flatten the dough and shape it to make it round and flat.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes.