Shan’s Sugar Cookies
- ¾ Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
- Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Roll dough 1/8” thick onto floured surface
- Cut into desired shapes
- Place onto ungreased baking sheet
- Bake about 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and add sprinkles
Shan’s Sugar Cookie Icing
- 1 Package Powdered Sugar (2 lbs)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- Cream cheese, butter, and egg together.
- Add powdered sugar until desired consistency
- Add food coloring if desired (if you want multiple colors, obviously use multiple bowls to mix the colors).
- Frost your cookies!
- Put sprinkles on the cookies
- Eat your cookies and get a stomachache.
Notes: Can use regular hand beaters to make dough (Shan says she never uses a stand mixer). These cookies freeze really well and taste delicious when still a little frozen.