ð 2 whole Napa Cabbages
ð 1 Cup of Kosher Salt
ð 10 Cups of Water
ð 7 Tbsp of Anchovy Sauce or Fish Sauce
ð 1 1/4 Cup of Crushed Red Pepper
ð 8 Pieces of Green Onion, chopped
ð 1/2 of a Radish (Korean radish or Daikon radish)
ð 1 Whole Garlic, peeled and minced
ð 1 Piece of Ginger, peeled and minced
ð 1 Yellow Onion, minced
ð 1/2 of an Apple, chopped
ð 1/2 of an Apple Pear, chopped (It is also called an Asian Pear)
ð 4 Tbsp of Sugar
- Slice Napa Cabbage into bite size pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Mix water and salt together and pour over cabbage.
- Let the cabbage sit for 2 hours.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the garlic, onion, apple, apple pear, ginger, and Radish together and puree.
- Julienne the Green Onions.
- After 2 hours rinse the cabbage in cold water about 3 times.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. (Rubber gloves recommended)
- Store the kimchi in room temperature over night and then keep in the refrigerator.
Notes: I live a very small town in northern Wyoming. All of the above ingredients are available in my local Albertson’s grocery store. I’m sure they are available in most stores around the country. For the Fish Sauce, look in the Asian section of your grocery store.