Makes: 4 Cups
Total Time: 10 minutes + Cooling
- 1 Stick unsalted Butter (8 Tbsp)
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 1 ¼ Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 ¼ Cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Stir in sugar, cocoa and salt. Mixture will be thick and creamy.
- Combine heavy cream, sour cream and instant coffee in a bowl
- Gradually add cream mixture to chocolate until blended and smooth.
- Cook until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth and hot to the touch.
- Do NOT boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Cool icing at room temperature until spreadable.
- Icing may be chilled until completely cold, and then warmed gently in the microwave until spreadable. Heat at high power in 20 second intervals, stirring well after each interval.
Use with Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake Recipe!