We found this recipe on the Oprah website and totally enjoyed it.
It’s very refreshing and a great change to pies and cakes. I highly recommend it!
Created by Gale Gand
Servings: Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (preferably organic)
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 pint ripe strawberries , hulled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
To make panna cotta
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water; let stand 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add gelatin to hot cream and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in buttermilk until well blended.
- Pour mixture into each of 6 dessert cups or bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
To make balsamic strawberries
- Combine strawberries, brown sugar and vinegar in a bowl; toss to coat berries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- To serve, spoon strawberries and juices over panna cotta.