My friend Jessica made this for me one night for dinner. I was floored by how delicious it was. You should make it. You will love it too.
Wilted Spinach Salad, with Bacon Dressing
- 3 whole eggs
- 7 slices of Thick Cut, Peppered Bacon (reserve grease)
- 1 small Red Onion – sliced thinly
- 1 package of White Button Mushrooms
- 8 ounces of Baby Spinach, (washed, dried and stems removed)
- 3 TBSP of Reserved Bacon Grease
- 2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 dash of Salt
- Cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and allow them to sit in the water for 20 minutes.
- Drain off water, and add ice on top of Eggs.
Preparing Salad Ingredients:
- Fry the bacon until crispy and chewy. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to drain off.
- Remove 3 TBSP of grease and set aside for making the dressing.
- Add 2 additional TBSP of grease to a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Slice Red Onions very thinly, and then add to skillet. Cook slowly until they are caramelized and brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Chop bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and slice eggs
- Add the reserved 3 TBSP of bacon grease, vinegar, sugar, salt and Dijon mustard to a small saucepan or skillet over medium heat.
- Wisk mixture together and heat thoroughly.
- Add Spinach to large bowl.
- Add onions, mushrooms and bacon on top.
- Pour hot dressing over the top, and toss to combine.
- Arrange the sliced eggs over the top, and serve.