These wings have a nice flavor to them with a little spicy kick.
I made them for a family dinner on Memorial day and they were a hit!
- 4.5 pounds chicken wings/chicken drums
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 ½ tablespoons of chilies with adobo sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Prepare the wings:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the wings in a bowl with salt, pepper, minced garlic and olive oil.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook until just cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Make the sauce:
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender.
- Pour sauce over the warm wings and let marinate at least 30 minutes. (I let mine marinate for 2 hours, tossing them with the sauce occasionally.)
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Grill the wings until marked, 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed.
- Transfer the marinade to a saucepan and cook until slightly thick.
- Toss the cooked wings with the sauce.
- Top with Cilantro if desired & serve.
*If you don’t have a grill, you can use a grill pan indoors, bake them in the oven or broil them in the oven.
* To make ahead/freezer meal – Place wings and sauce in a gallon sized freezer bag and allow to cool. Once cooled, freeze. When ready to prepare, defrost and grill as outlined above.