Active Time: 8 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
- 4 Cups Coleslaw Mix (from a bag)
- ½ Cup Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- ¼ Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp. Grated Lime Zest
- 3 TBSP Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 6 Frozen Beer Battered Fish Fillets (usually in boxes of 10)
- 8 Corn Tortilla Shells
- Toss coleslaw mix, onion, mayonnaise, lime zest, juice, and sugar in a bowl. Leave at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Place frozen fish fillets at one end of pan. Bat 25 minutes. Place tortilla shells at other end. Bake 4 minutes, or until shells are warm and fish is cooked though.
- Place fish in medium bowl and break into chunks with a fork.
- Spoon into tortilla shells; top with coleslaw
Don’t use beer battered fish fillets. I would suggest using some white fish that is not breaded, like Tilapia. You may need to use more of an un-breaded fish in order to make up for the lack of bread chunks. The bread portion of the fish takes away from the actual fish taco taste.
The tacos needed a little something to them when we followed the recipe above. I would suggest using a green salsa or something else to add a spicy kick. I used Sriracha Sauce and it was delish!
Don’t use fish in the tacos at all. Instead warm a tortilla up with some cheese (I suggest pepper jack for a little kick). Put the coleslaw on top & add your salsa. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from a recipe found in Women’s Day Magazine.