Egg and Sausage Brunch Casserole
- 6 slices of White Bread (If you want a gluten free option, omit the bread)
- 2 lbs of Country Sausage
- 2 Cups Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 1 tsp. Dry Mustard
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- 3 Green Onions, sliced (stems too)
Trim bread crusts; butter both sides and place in greased 9×13 pan. Brown sausage, drain and place on top of bread. Cover with grated cheese and green onions. Beat eggs with milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour on top of the bread, sausage and cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Before baking, mix and pour over the casserole:
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ¼ Cup of milk
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms (drained)
Bake at 300 degrees for 1 ½ hours, uncovered.