From: Hal Taggart
This is my grandpas delicious ice cream recipe. Yummy!!
• 1 3oz Package of Cherry Jell-O
• 1 Cup Boiling Water
• 2 Cups Sugar
• Juice from 2 lemons
• #2 Can of Crushed Pineapple (#2 can is 20oz), drained
• 1 bottle maraschino cherries – diced
• A few drops of red food coloring (if desired)
• 1 Quart Heavy Cream
• Whole Milk
1. Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water
2. Add Sugar, and stir until dissolved
3. Set out to cool (quite cool)
4. In Ice cream Mixing bowl, Mix Lemon Juice, Crushed Pineapple, Cherries, and Cream
5. Add Jell-O mixture to bowl, and stir until combined.
6. Add enough milk to fill mixing bowl (within 2” from the top of the fill line)
7. Mix as directed for your ice cream machine
Rebecca’s Notes: I just realized when typing this recipe up that I put 6oz of Jell-O mix in my recipe. I also don’t think you need to add red food coloring. The juice from the cherries makes it pink enough for me.